Monday 4 March 2013

MARY LOU'S TRIBUTE


I am very pleased to post this lovely tribute to St Patrick's School.  It was written by Mary Lou (Mallard) Tucker.  Thanks Mary Lou and I look forward to more of your poems.
St Patrick’s School

Our address was 26 Stephen Street
In a house that had three flats,
Our very close family all lived there then
Beautiful memories flowing back to that.

Being at that address where City Hall is now
St. Patrick’s was our designated school,
With my sisters/cousins Rose, Liz and Helen
We toddled off, respecting mostly every rule.

Rose and I had Anna Croft as our first grade teacher
Nellie Rogers we had in two,
Sister Camilla in grade three taught us our times tables
With great consistency we all learned how to do.

Grade Four we had teacher/singer Doreen Walsh
Grade five was sweet and kind Ms Ball,
Grade six was Ms Doyle, I came second in achievement
Seven and eight, Ms Croft-Meaney was back to all.

Grade nine we had Ms. McDonald
That was the hardest grade I spent,
Math a big problem for me back then
Off to summer school I went.

Four of us were taught singing at an early age
Sisters Catherine and Brendan helped us there,
Our Glee Club went to the Kiwanis Music Festival
Coming first place for many of those years.

Sister Luke was our long standing principal
Eleanor Lawton accompanied all our songs,
Saying Good Bye to the closeness of St. Patrick’s
Made everything in my heart seem wrong.

St. Patrick’s was a special part of my life
Made me the person who has been shown the way,
These teachers taught me love, kindness and respect
With Jesus and Mary I am helped now day by day.

Love You St. Patrick’s …..Mary Lou Mallard Tucker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment