Wednesday 10 July 2013

DOREEN, PUPIL AND TEACHER

This is a comment left on a post by Doreen Walsh Noseworthy.  I thought it should be used as a post so that everyone can see it.  Doreen has put names to all the staff in this picture, which was posted a while ago.  Thanks, Doreen, it is so good to hear from you.  Perhaps, if you haven't already done so, you could have a look at the blog's facebook page and give it a LIKE.  It all helps to get the word out. 
 
St Patrick's Convent School Faculty, 1979

Doreen wrote;
"I, too, was a former student and went on to become a very proud member of staff at St. Patrick's Convent School. I remember the names of each of these former colleagues and friends because we were more than all of that. We were family. I am very pleased to present:

1st row (L-R): Patricia Laidley, Sharon Reddy, Sister Anne, Anna (Croft) Meaney, Sister M. Luke, Ewald Hajek, Kathy (Croke) Warren, Patricia (McCarthy) Philpott

2nd row (L-R): Doreen (Walsh) Noseworthy, Susan (Poole) Wade, Eleanor Lawton, Dianne O'Brien, Ann Broderick, Denise (Power) Barbour, Angela Greene

3rd row (L-R): Marilyn McGrath, Sister M. Brendan, Roseanne (Wakeham) Linehan, Helen Hannon, Mary McGrath, Anne (Ball) Pennell

I hope this will be of some help in recalling other wonderful memories of school days for many of you. This site, thanks to Beth Anne, is such a great way to reconnect. Keep passing it on and watch it grow.

All the best to all former students and teachers of St. Patrick's Convent School, both living and deceased.

Sincerely,
Doreen (Walsh) Noseworthy"
 
Thank you Doreen.  Now that everyone has seen Doreen "the teacher" in the above picture, I am re-posting Sr Immaculata's Grade 6 Class from 1957.  In this photo, you will be able to see Doreen "the pupil". 

Sr Immaculata' Grade 6 Class, 1957. 
Doreen is in the very centre of the front row.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, so many wonderful memories at St. Patrick's. Girl School. I was fortunate to have in grade 4, Ms. Shea, grade 5, Doreen Walsh, grade 6 Mrs. McGrath,
    grade 7 Ms. Patricia Laidley, grade 8 Sister Sebastian , grade 9 Mrs. Linehan.. and who could forget our music teacher Ms. Lawton and of course our beloved principal.. Sister Luke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My homeroom teacher was Doreen Williams Grade 6.That year I won an award for drawing a bookmark and they were sent into the Art's and Culture Center.1 student was picked ifrom Grades 4 to 6 and 1 student was picked from Grades 7 to 9.A few weeks later it was announced the 2 winners.I won the award and another girl from 7 to 9 won one too.We went to the library a few days later and a picture of me and Sister Luke was taken.She was handing me a book.My hair was in plaits and me with my green uniform and green tights on .I was so happy.I drew a pic of the totem pole in by Confederation Building which I saw every Sunday when we went to Torbay to visit Nan and Pop Martin.I have my Grade 6 picture.Didn"t like my pic.You should see my teeth ugh

      Delete
  2. Hello Anonymous
    Thanks for your lovely comment. St Patrick's was a wonderful school. But wonderful schools are made by the teachers & by the pupils. St Patrick's, fortunately, was blessed with an abundance of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this hard-working group of teachers, but Mrs Hannon stands out the most. She tried to teach us French (which is what my career became much later in life) but I recall the class being mostly unruly with her.

    I also recall with great admiration Mrs Kathryn Burry, my most inspiring teacher, but cannot find her when looking on the internet. Does anyone know how to find her or info on her?

    Merci !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved French and Mrs.Hannon.I was in a french play on stage.I was Rene we were in a restaurant.Our menus had our lines we had to say inside.Smart move by Mrs.Hannon.Delores Delaney anybody remember Delores?She was tall with glasses and had blonde curly hair😆

    ReplyDelete