Monday 29 April 2024

TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO 9, SOME OF OUR TEACHERS

Once again, I remind you that these pictures are not from twenty five years ago. They are a selection of submitted photos that were previously posted on the St Patrick's School Blog.  I am reposting them to commemorate the TWENTY FIVE YEARS that have passed since the last St Patrick's Convent School closed, in June 1999. It is another trip down Memory Lane.  I hope you remember someone here.

Sr M Columba, Mother Rose, and Sr Columba's Budgie

Sr M Brendan and Miss E Lawton

Miss Fagan and Miss Howard (Mrs Lee)

Faculty 1978/79

Sr M Luke

Sr Marie Furey and Sr Mark

Sr M Teresita

7 comments:

  1. My sister entered the convent with Sr Marie Furey. The last I heard she was at Presentation convent in Cathedral Square. Sr Teresita was my principal at Presentation school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Who is your sister? Sr Marie was a classmate of mine at St Patrick's way back when. She is a lovely person. Sr Teresita taught at St Patrick's at one time but she was my Grade 9 Latin teacher at Holy Heart.

      Delete
  2. I remember Sister Brendan and Mrs Lawton very well. The best of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Miss Lawton a music teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize a number or teachers in the 78/79 photo of faculty! I went to St. Patrick’s starting in 1981 for Grade 4. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sr. Brendan and Miss Lawton were the most dedicated teachers I had even known. 💕💕💕Peggy Keating Howlett

    ReplyDelete