Thursday 22 December 2011

HOLY CROSS PRIMARY SCHOOL CHOIR

In 1977, Holy Cross Primary School Choir recorded a Long playing album.  We used to say "an L P" way back then! The Title was "Merrily We Sing".  As so many of the children went on to St Patrick's Convent School, I thought I'd post a little about it.  Until recently, I was the proud owner of a copy of this wonderful recording.  (The record has gone to a very good home, so don't feel sad!)
This is what the 1977 Long Playing Record  looked like

The record had some great songs on it, including "Jack Was Every Inch A Sailor" and, of course, "Holy Cross School Song". 

Some of the songs on the L P
The choir was a mixed one, boys and girls.  I have taken the picture of the little songbirds directly from the album so I hope it will be clear enough.  If you or someone you know is in this picture, please let me know.

The gorgeous little songbirds.  Where are they now?
I will try to publish the names of the children in the picture but, hopefully, someone out there will be able to supply me with a name or two.
(IF YOU CLICK ON THE PICTURES THEY WILL ENLARGE)

5 comments:

  1. Andrea Cornick 4th student,front row on right side of photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen Gylland. Top row second from left...never forget this day

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother was in this choir. He's in the front row, second from the right. Jeff Earles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother was in this choir. He's in the front row, second from the right. Jeff Earles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, Helen & Sandra, thank you for the names. I am happy to hear from you & if you know any others on here, please let us know. I appreciate that you took the time to leave a comment here & I hope you will keep in touch & leave lots of bits of information on the posts in this blog. It is always good to get feedback. All the best to all of you.

    ReplyDelete