Wednesday 13 June 2012

GREAT AUNTS WHO WERE REALLY GREAT AND A SCHOOL REUNION

I have had some interesting e-mails concerning this blog.  The senders have given me their permission to share them with you in a post.

The first one is from Eleanor Dalton and it concerns a post that I did on 4th April 2011, RAISING MONEY FOR THE NEW SCHOOL, (click here) and I am very pleased to post Eleanor's e-mail below.

"Hi Beth Anne
Sr M Josephine, Nellie Williams
and Sr M Agnes.  The Sisters are
Eleanor's Great Aunts and Nellie
is my dear Mother.
I enjoy this blog very much as well as interesting. Looked at a photo of your mother with Sister Agnes and Sister Josephine.  These two sisters are my GREAT AUNTS; they also had another sister (Sister Zita).  My grandmother was Margaret Hallernan and married John Sutton. My mother Bessie also had two sisters in the Mercy Order, Sister Mary Andrea and Sister Mary Edmund. I will look for some pictures I think I may have one picture with all three Sisters.
Hope to see you before you head back to the UK.
Take Care
Eleanor"


The next e-mail I received is from Mark Fardy.  Mark had some interesting comments about the post I did on 22nd April 2012, SR MARY XAVERIA FARDY, (click here).  Here is Mark's e-mail.



"Hello Beth Ann,
Sr M Xaveria Fardy,
Mark's Great Aunt
Your blog entry showed up in one of my Google auto-updates. Sister Xaveria was my GREAT AUNT. She also taught piano to both of my sisters (Marie and Joanne) each of whom also graduated from St. Patrick's (1978 and 1981 respectively).  My wife, Michelle Brennan, is also a grad (1977).
It was great to read your article, thanks Beth Ann.
Mark Fardy"


I also received an e-mail from Dora Reid.  Dora is interested in a School reunion.  I think many of you would be interested in a reunion so I am posting Dora's e-mail for all to read.  If you are planning a reunion or know of any that might be taking place, please let us know & we will give you all the publicity that we can.  Here is Dora's e-mail.
 
"Hello and good day!
I just viewed this website and found your e-mail address.
I was wondering if and when there will be a reunion for the students from the 80's. The principal was Sister Cecelia, Sister Regina, and all the wonderful teachers. I remember everything and everyone so well. A trip down memory lane with old friends would be fantastic, as the older teachers are getting older.
Thanks for your time, God bless
Dora Reid"

Thanks to Eleanor, Mark and Dora for these informative and interesting e-mails.  Your input is greatly valued. I appreciate all the help I can get in maintaining this blog so I welcome all photos, stories, memories, comments and e-mails.


No comments:

Post a Comment