Wednesday 25 July 2012

THREE SISTERS FROM TREPASSEY


For this beautiful Family photo I am indebted to Eleanor Dalton.  A little while ago I posted a picture of my mother and her friend, Sr Josephine.  (LINK HERE)  Sr Josephine spent many years at St Patrick's and, although I never knew her myself, I know that she was a popular and well loved member of the community.  I was very pleasantly surprised when Eleanor contacted me to say that Sr Josephine was her great-aunt.  (LINK HERE)  Sr Josephine and her sister, Sr Agnes, were on the photo that I posted.   Eleanor informed me that there was a third Halleran sister who was a Presentation Sister and she promised to send me a picture of the three sisters.  True to her promise, Eleanor has sent me this wonderful picture. 

THE HALLERAN SISTERS FROM TREPASSEY
"The photo is of the three Halleran sisters, Srs. M Agnes, M Josephine and M Zita, (don't know the order of the girls). In the middle of the Sisters is their nephew Fr. Tom Halleran, and Mercy Sister in the second row is their niece my mother's sister Sr. M. Andrea Sutton.  I don't know who the other two Sisters are but would guess that they are also from Trepassey, as the photo was taken in Trepassey."



I don't suppose anyone reading this actually knew Sr Josephine but there is a chance that you have heard older members of your family speak of her. If so, we would love to hear from you.
Thank you very much Eleanor.  Let us know if you come up with anything else.


LINKS TO THIS POST

RAISING MONEY FOR THE NEW SCHOOL
GREAT AUNTS WHO WERE REALLY GREAT

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone have information on Sister Camilla? She was at St. Patrick's for many years. She wasn't young when she taught me in grade 3, and was still active in the parish even many years later. I hope she lived a long and happy life. She was very kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Heather
      Yes, Sr Camilla was at St Patrick's for a long time. After she retired from teaching she remained at St Patrick's where she was sacristan for many years. Eventually, when she was a great age, she retired to the Motherhouse at Cathedral Square. Sr Camilla died there in March 2003 at the wonderful age of 101 years. If you follow this link http://stpatricksconventschool.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/another-historic-photo-from-eleanors.html you will see a picture of Sr Camilla with a group of other Nuns & a priest. Sr Camilla is seated in the second row, far right. Happy New Year to you Heather.

      Delete