Saturday 8 December 2012

YVONNE'S COMMENT

ONE OF THE SCHOOL CRESTS
 
I am posting here a comment left by Yvonne Dionne.   Not everyone goes into comments so, by posting it, you all have a chance to see it.  If you know Yvonne, she would love to hear from you so PLEASE SAY HELLO TO HER IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW THIS POST.  
 
A LITTLE REMINDER:
IF YOU ARE ON FACEBOOK, SO IS THIS BLOG!  WHY NOT HAVE A LOOK AT US ON FACEBOOK AND GIVE US A LIKE.
 
Here is Yvonne's comment.  Enjoy!

"Wow - I am happy to find this page, and to see comments from Yvonne (Cullen) mentioning Roxanne. I was at St. Pat's for grades 3-5 (1969-1972), starting in the portables with Miss Sears (I think). We lived at 199 Lemarchant Road, which is now gone. I live in Ottawa now. I used to write a friend from Lemarchant, asking about Roxanne, because just before we moved to Ontario (my dad was in the military and we were transferred) one of the Cullen girls was hit by a car on Lemarchant - I saw it happen and it has never left my memory.

St. Pat's was a beautiful time for me. It was one of my most memorable schools (numbering 14 before I graduated high school). I absolutely lived in the library with Sister Redempta (spelling?), reading voraciously anything I could get my hands on. I was in the Choir and we sang at Kiwanis, but I mouthed the words as I was terrified to mess up. I loved the concerts. I was a Girl Guide. I was so curious about the nuns and their residence.

I visited the Church and grounds this summer. Such a good feeling washed over me there.

Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me, and I will keep up here to see what other memories people have.

Cheers,

Yvonne Dionne"

No comments:

Post a Comment