Wednesday 29 April 2015

GRADE 8, 1962

Recently we have been sent some excellent photographs.  I am very pleased  to receive them and am very grateful to those who have sent them.  I will get them all posted in the coming weeks. 
 
 
Today's photographs have been sent by Sharron Peet (MALONE).  We have a great class  photo from 1962.  Sharron has also supplied the names.  
 
Here are Sharron's photographs.  I bet they will bring back some memories for you!
 
Sharron, is this the cover of a Yearbook? If it is, perhaps you would share some of the pictures in it with us? I love the picture and the snow brings back a particular memory for me. One lunch time I, along with a couple of classmates, got caught having a snowball fight with some of our friends from Holy Cross. You can imagine the telling off we got. (Great fun, just the same!)
 
Is this the cover of a Year book?
From this picture we can see that the School Principal was Sr Mary Mark.  Sr Mark is now over 100 years old and is resident  at Presentation Motherhouse, Cathedral Square.
 
Grade 8, January 1962
 
 
Everyone's name, including the teacher's.
What lovely handwriting you all have.  I see from this list that your teacher was the amazing Sr Mary Luke. 
 
Sharron has also sent some beautiful First Communion pictures.  This time of the year is traditionally the time for children to make their First Holy Communion so I will post Sharron's pictures in a couple of days.  So, as the saying goes, "watch this space". 
 
Thank you very much Sharron.  Your help is greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment