Friday 25 September 2015

RENEWING OLD ACQUAINTANCES

Recently I had the very great privilege of spending a month at home in St John's where I still enjoy the wonderful blessing of devoted family and loyal friends.  On Tuesday, 8th September I was fortunate to get together with a group of school friends for lunch at 'Swiss Chalet'.  (My special thanks go to Doreen and Mary Elizabeth who organised the meeting on very short notice and with the added problem of many friends out of town for the Labour Day Holiday.)
 
I think it accurate to say that everyone had a great time.  I know that for me personally it was just wonderful.  Some of the ladies I am in touch with on a regular basis but it was as much as fifty years since I had seen some of my other school friends.  One of the group, Bernadette, shocked and delighted us all by counting up the years we have been friends - 64 beautiful years!  Isn't that amazing?
 
Here are a few of the photographs I took on that lovely afternoon.  It is evident from the photos that I am not a great photographer so if anyone else took pictures that day, I would be delighted if you would share them with us here on the blog.  Just send them to us at mcallistersmith@gmail.com & I will post them here and on the facebook page.


Maureen Sullivan, Mary Johnson, Doreen Walsh,
Sheila Bulger & Betty Simms
 
Maureen Sullivan, Mary Johnson, Doreen Walsh & Alice Prim
 
 
Beth Anne McAllister, Mary Elizabeth Kennedy
& Edwena Kavanagh
 
Bernadette Grouchy, Cynthia Murphy
& Kathleen Johnson
 


Betty Simms, Mary Elizabeth Kennedy & Edwena Kavanagh
Carol Cromwell, Lila Mercer & Jackie English

It seems that St Patrick's girls have a special knack for maintaining the valuable friendships made in school days and long may it continue to flourish.  However, lest it be thought that she is denying her old school, I must point out that Edwena is a former pupil of Mercy Convent.  She got hooked up with this crazy bunch of St Patrick's girls at Holy Heart of Mary and became a well loved member of the group.  We are all very glad that she did! 
 
Thanks for everything, ladies, and I hope it won't be too long before we can all get together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment