Tuesday 2 February 2016

HOLY CROSS YEARBOOK, 1961

Thanks to my sister-in-law, Eleanor, I am able to post some very interesting photographs from a 1961 Holy Cross Yearbook.  The yearbook belonged to her late husband, Shannon.  I hope I don't offend anyone but, in all honesty, I have to say  whoever took the pictures for this yearbook was a pretty poor photographer.  Some of the pictures are fine but most of the class and group pictures are really poor quality.  Anyway, I have picked out some of the better ones and I will post them for you all to enjoy.  As well as finding your brothers here, you just might come across some youthful crushes and even an old boy friend or two - maybe even an old boyfriend  who eventually became your husband!
 Cover of the 1961
Holy Cross Yearbook, "Crusader"

Grade 9, 1961, Brother Lawlor is the teacher

Grade 3, 1961, Mrs M Hollihan is the teacher
Holy Cross Senior Glee Club, 1961





 
Thanks, Eleanor, for keeping Shannon's Yearbook safe and for letting me borrow it.  I think it will kindle memories (some fond and some not so fond?) for lots of people.   Anyone with pictures, yearbooks, stories, etc, of Holy Cross or St Patrick's is welcome to share.  Just send anything you have to mcallistersmith@gmail.com and we will all be very grateful to you.  Anyway, as they say, "watch this space" because we will be posting more from the 1961 Holy Cross Yearbook, "CRUSADER".

No comments:

Post a Comment