Thursday 9 August 2018

ST PATRICK'S CHURCH

How many of you have seen this picture before?  I think it is a great picture and I love it. It is from a book which was given to me more than twenty years ago by one of my nieces.  Perhaps you have see this book or even own a copy of it. The book, by Bill Guihan, (1917-1992) is called “Sketches of the Old City”.  It is a fascinating documentation of some of the most historic architecture around St John’s.  An interesting and entertaining book, it will make you look with fresh eyes at our lovely old city of St John’s.
 
St Patrick's Church, by Bill Guihan

As I have said, I love this picture but I see a little inaccuracy in it.  I won’t tell you what it is but if you spot it, please leave me a comment and share what you think is amiss.  In a couple of days I will let you know what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment