Friday 17 March 2023

"A CITY BUILT ON A HILLTOP"

In His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, "You are the light of the world.  A city built on a hilltop cannot be hidden.  No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lamp stand where it shines for everyone in the house."

BEAUTIFUL ST PATRICK'S CHURCH

Just as the city built on a hilltop cannot be hidden, neither can a church built on a hilltop be hidden.  For one hundred and forty-one years, through good times and bad, St Patrick's Church stood sentinel on Patrick Street.  Through that one hundred and forty-one years, St Patrick's let its light shine for everyone in the West End.  Sadly, St Patrick's Parish is no more.

What about its light though?  Does it still shine?  Of course it does!  It shines in the heart of every one of us who loved St Patrick's. We will carry its light in our memories and in our hearts wherever we are and as long as we live. 
OUR PATRON SAINT, ST PATRICK
On this, our first St Patrick's Day bereft of our beloved Church, we give thanks for all the good and faithful Pastors and parishioners of St Patrick's Parish.  May God bless them all and may St Patrick's light continue to shine through them.

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY, EVERYONE

16 comments:

  1. Happy St.Patrick’s Day, many wonderful memories of our school and my family Church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St Patrick's Day to you too. Cherish the memories.

      Delete
  2. Happy St.Patrick’s to all as you know Beth Ann I not only hold St. Patrick’s in my heart but on my shoulder!!! hugs Louie πŸ™πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St Patrick's Day to you Louie and to all you family, especially your amazing Mom. Yes, I remember your beautiful tribute to St Patrick's which you carry always on your shoulder. Now that really is loyalty! Love to you & yours.

      Delete
  3. Happy st patricks Day,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you. Have a great one with lots of music, lots of dancing, lots of laughter and, of course, lots of love!

      Delete
  4. Will never be forgotten as long as my heart beats!, i will always treasure my church and my school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were blessed with our school and beautiful church. Like you, I will never forget them and will always treasure them and the friends we made there. Happy St Patrick's Day.

      Delete
  5. Happy St.Patrick’s DayπŸ€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St Patrick's Day to you too. May it be your best one yet!

      Delete
  6. I hold all the time I spent at St. Patrick's school dear to my heart. The friendships made during that time have such a strong bond. The church is a very special place in my heart as It is the place of so many sacraments in my family. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on all of that. School and church are dear to my heart too. The life-long friendships and the precious memories that our days there have given us are beyond price. Have a wonderful St Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made comment today that it was so noticeable without the light now. As we were across the harbor taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish every St. Patrick's student all the best! May our prayers safe our beloved church!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live very close to St. Patrick’s former school and former church,πŸ₯²Every time I pass the Church it breaks my heart and miss the church goers who are spread out everywhere now! The tower light is gone out but every now and then the bell chimes ring! when I am least expecting it! ! I am not the only one who hears them!!!! πŸ™πŸ™ BethAnn St. Patrick’s will always be a big part and close to my heart, as I know it is with yours and your family!!! Hugs Louie πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Louie, dear St Patrick's has formed us through the years and I, like you, will cherish it in my heart forever. It was a great privilege and joy to be a part of that wonderful parish and school. I think we all carry it in our hearts and memories. I must tell you a little story now. When I first came to Wales I missed everything so very much. I mentioned to my brother Frank how much I missed the sound of St Patrick's Bell, especially on Christmas Eve. My dear, kind brother took his tape recorder one Sunday and set out well before Mass was due to start. When the Bell began to ring, Frank turned on the recorder and sat in the car and recorded every last note of that wonderful bell. He then sent the tape to me and I still have it. What a great brother he was! I was blessed with my wonderful family too. Love to you, sweet Louie, and to all your family.

    ReplyDelete