Wednesday 17 April 2013

WHAT IS THIS????

This will be a short post because I want to know if anyone out there knows what this curious object is. If you went to St Patrick's, you definitely had one!  Mine wasn't as pretty as this one but it served the purpose.  If you know what it is, then please leave us a comment with your stories about it.  My next post will reveal all, so don't forget to look in again soon.   Thanks to Doreen Heffernan for this picture and for jogging my memory.  I hope it will jog your memory too.
 
Woe betide you if you didn't have yours!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the gator bag....I haven't thought of one of these in years. When you think about it these things made alot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God help you if in Sister Immaculatta's class, your rubbers were thrown outside the door, which she watched everyday! Some of us called it a rubber bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmelita Hearn17 April 2013 at 23:40

    I remember it well....and I remember running back home as fast as I could because I forgot my 'rubber bag'.....it was just as bad to be late. Sister Immaculata would stand by the front entrance of the school on Patrick's St. and check if you had your bag, you could be sent home to get it if you forgot. I also remember mopping the second floor corridors outside our Grade six classroom when we were in her class, anyone else remember that? She was a real 'sergeant major' but we sure learned to do as we were told

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks for the comments. Great memories which I will add to my next post.

    ReplyDelete