Friday 1 September 2017

BACK TO SCHOOL IN SADDLE OXFORDS!

It is that time again!  Time to say good bye to the "lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer" and get down to study again as schools across the Province reopen. I am sure we all remember that "butterflies in the stomach" feeling as we trudged off to school on the first day back in September. Who will be our new teacher?  Will she be nice?  Will we be in for a tough year?  Will we have to hide her slapper? 
TIMES TABLES?
It was a memorable experience heading off to Holy Heart of Mary for the very first time. Leaving St Patrick's was a sad and difficult time for some girls.  I know I left with sadness & with just a little fear and trepidation.  Holy Heart was such a big school and so far away. No more racing through Thompson's Field in an effort to make it to St Patrick's on time. No more dawdling up Leslie Street, scuffing through the multi-coloured Autumn leaves as we made our way home for dinner.  Oh well, life goes on and so does school!  And, Holy Heart wasn't so bad once you got used to it.  It wasn't St Patrick's, but it was pretty good.

HOLY HEART OF MARY REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
FOR GIRLS
Well this photo, from an old ad from St John's best know Shoe Store, Parker & Monroe, will bring back some memories for ladies of a certain age.  I for one absolutely hated those Saddle Oxfords! How did you feel about them?  In any case, I loved the ad and I am so pleased to be able to share it with you here. 

SPECIAL SHOES FOR HOLY HEART
Are you feeling a little nostalgic now? Just don't cry over your keyboard - you will clog up the keys!  

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair here now!! And yes, I remember those butterflies as well.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri
      I think it would be great to see an actual photo of the shoes. Would you be able to email one to me & I will post it on the blog. In regard to "butterflies in the tummy", I get " butterflies" just thinking about first day back. Having said that, I really did enjoy my school days. I didn't do much work but I definitely had a ball! Nice to hear from you, Teri.

      Delete