Monday 16 May 2022

SCHOOL SOUVENIRS

Teri Healey Evans is sharing some lovely school souvenirs with us.  They are little cards which were given to her late sister, Cindy, and kept by their mother.  Teri came across them in a book belonging to her mother and thought we would like  to see them.  She and I both thought these might encourage others to share any such tokens on our School Blog.  We think there are plenty of them still out there.  I know that I have at least one tucked away somewhere.  I am going to have a look for it and post it when I find it.  Come on, all you St Patrick's Convent School grads, please turn out your souvenir boxes and see what you can find to share with us all. 


Front and back of Cindy's card from Miss Walsh



Front and back of card given to Cindy by Miss Rogers

Thanks Teri.  These are really nice and, anything else you come across would be welcome too.  Keep in touch.📚👩🏼‍🎓👨🏼‍🎓

👉👉 BEFORE YOU GO, HAVE A LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING IN OUR BELOVED ST PATRICK'S PARISH. THINGS AREN'T LOOKING GOOD.😭

http://stpatrickschurch.ca/2.0/news/

4 comments:

  1. Beth Anne, this is Teri ( don't think my name comes up, just my email) , I believe the Miss Walsh is Doreen Walsh Noseworthy? And Elinor Rogers was a lovely red headed teacher who taught at St. Patrick's until she passed away at a very young age. Both of these teachers also taught me when I was in Grade 2 and 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teri, Yes Doreen Walsh & I were classmates & friends. Whenever I get home, we always meet up. I am not sure but I think the Miss Rogers you mention was the lovely girl I knew as Nellie Rogers. I never knew her name was Elinor. Thanks for all the support you give to me & the Blog. I really appreciate it. All the very best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine Chipman17 May 2022 at 03:44

    Just reading yours and Teris comments on Ms.Rogers
    I had her as a teacher he 2 or 3 I think Iin the port ables
    She was sweet--beautiful hair!!
    Lived in Job St.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine. Yes, that is right. She was a grade ahead of me in school at St Patrick's. She had gorgeous hair and she was a lovely girl. May she rest in peace.
    It is nice to hear from you again. I hope all is good with you. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete