Wednesday 2 March 2011

HOLY ANGELS?


A Party for the "Holy Angels", about 1958
(click on the picture to enlarge it)
The quality of this picture leaves a lot to be desired but I hope you are able to make out some of the people on it and that it brings back some happy memories for you.  I think you all will remember "The Holy Angels" and "The Children of Mary". 

If my memory serves me correctly, this was a party for the Holy Angels.  It was held after school in the auditorium and we had a great time.  A young Fr John Hanton and an equally young Fr Phil Lewis graced us with their presence and to our delight, Fr Lewis entertained us on the piano with all the songs from the "Hit Parade".  I remember we were amazed because we didn't think priests knew good songs!   

I don't know what year this picture was taken and I don't know all the names.  Some of those in the picture are: Anne Whelan, Carol Sceviour, Patsy Stafford, Bridie Colbert, Carol Brothers, Patsy Walsh, Lucy Power, Eileen Maher, Alice Prim, Fr Hanton, Fr Lewis, Sheila Glynn, Betty Simms, Mary Glynn, Brenda Tracey, Elizabeth Flynn. 

I hope someone can enlighten us with some more names and any other details of this event.  You can either leave the information in the comments box at the end of this post or e-mail me at the address in the section "contributors".   If you have any photos or stories that you would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment