Tuesday 15 March 2011

SR IMMACULATA'S GRADE SIX CLASS

O K Girls, here is the one you have all been waiting for!  It is Sr Immaculata's Grade Six Class, 1958.  This picture is pretty special because this is the one that made it into a Mission Magazine!  I can't remember which magazine it was but perhaps someone can help me out with that.  Why was our picture in a Mission Magazine?  Well, because we sent a GREAT DEAL of money to the missions that year.  I think we used to call it "Buying babies".  Thank God none of them ever arrived!  

Sr Immaculata was a great one for fund raising.  Remember how someone in each row was appointed collector and every day that poor girl had to collect money for the missions from the girls in her row?  Then on Friday, whichever row Sister had extorted the most money from - oops, sorry, slip of the tongue!  I meant to say, whichever row had donated the most money that week, had a homework free weekend.  Oh Joy! 

Here's a puzzle.  Can anyone tell me why, whenever I watch "A Christmas Carol" and poor old Jacob Marley's ghost appears fettered with all those chains and money boxes, I think of Grade Six?

Sr Immaculata's Grade 6 Class, 1957/58
(Click on the picture to enlarge it)
Front Row)  Anne Frizell, Florence Evans, Diane Richards, Geraldine Hearn, Doreen Walsh, Eleanor Simms, Alana Graham, Sheila Bulger, Mary Glynn
2) Carol Brothers, Diane Walsh, Irene Pope, Patsy Whiffen, Bernadette Mansfield, Margaret Power, Elizabeth Meaney, Judy Comerford, Alice Hennessey, Bernadette Hearn, Patsy Stafford, Joan Croke

3) Mary Kennedy, Carol Sceviour, Patsy Walsh, Eileen Maher, Anne Whelan, Beth Anne McAllister, Sheila Glynn, Brenda Tracey, Peggy Butler, Bridie Colbert, Margaret Morrisey
4) Loretta Maher, Lucy Power, Betty Simms, Alice Prim, Linda Callahan, Jackie English, Rosalie Brewer, Elizabeth Flynn, Diane Hawley, Patsy Arsenault, Betty Gallivan 

5 comments:

  1. I went to St. Patrick's from grade 2 to grade 8 I was in Miss Fagin's class for 2nd & 3rd grades, Mother John's for the 4th grade , Sr. Theresa 5th, Sr. Immaculata's 6th. grade, I think Sr, Assumpta's 7th grade. For the life of me I can't remember who I had in the 8th grade. . I was in all the choirs , Special Glee Clubs. I don't have one photo for anything . Its like I was never there. If anyone has any photo's
    that I was in , I would love it if you could share. It isn't that I am that self centered , but I would love to share with my children and grand children. My name was Carmelita Kean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmelita
    I have put a request on the school facebook page. Hopefuly someone will come up with some pictures of you & your classmates. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice McGrath Kelly17 June 2016 at 21:09

    love the pics i keep hoping that we can see pics from 61-71 keep hoping to see my class somewhere wonder if anyone has those class pics....found myself on here at the Kiwanas Music ..my heart soared ...keep up the amazing work,,thanks for having this site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice
      Thanks for getting in touch. It is always a pleasure to hear from friends & school mates. There might be some pictures from the years you are looking for. I will have a look through & let you know. Keep looking in because you never know what will turn up here! All the best to you & yours.

      Delete
  4. Charlene WALSH Scott6 April 2017 at 00:47

    Hi I am wondering if there are any class photos from
    Miss Walker... Grade 2 Deanery Avenue 1969 - 70
    Miss Sears...grade 3 portables 1970- 71
    Miss O'Shea grade 4 at the BIG school 1971 -72
    Mrs. Pennell Grade 5 1972 - 73

    ReplyDelete