Saturday 12 November 2011

WHO IS THIS VERY TALENTED SISTER? CHRISTINE KNEW!

Back in May, I did a post called "WHO IS THIS VERY TALENTED SISTER?".  Well, I thought you might like to know that I have had a delightful e-mail from Christine (Barry) Chipman.  Christine said that she attended St Patrick's from Kindergarten to Grade 9 and was happy to see "The picture of the School and the windows of my old grade 9 class, far left - top floor - Mrs Byrd's Class!" 
"FAR LEFT - TOP FLOOR - MRS BYRD'S CLASS"
Like me, Christine has fond memories of her years at St Patrick's;
"I have wonderful memories of the teachers, staff and students - most of whom were always in my class."

Christine finishes with "Thank you for reviving some special memories for me and please continue! Oh, and would the Guess Who This Sister Is be Sister Brendan?"
  
Well, of course Christine, you are absolutely right.  It is Sr Brendan!  We could fill a whole post with Sr Brendan's achievements and maybe one day we will do just that.  For now though, I will just say that Sr Brendan Lynch PBVM was a renowned music teacher and for many years the girls of St Patrick's had the benefit of her  talents.  Sr Brendan was inducted into the Kiwanis Music Festival Hall of Honour in 2003.  (More on that in a future post.)

Christine, thank you for your e-mail and your comments. I have added a more recent photo of Sr Brendan and I will certainly do my best to continue reviving memories with this blog.  However, I could do with a bit of help, so come on all you St Patrick's girls out there - how about sharing some of your memories and photos.  You can e-mail me at mcallistersmith@gmail.com

J. Leslie Collis - 2002 Hall of Honor Inductee.
SR MARY BRENDAN LYNCH, PBVM, IN 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment