Monday 18 November 2019

A TREASURE FROM 1942

Does anyone know why a post suddenly goes missing from a Blog?  On 24th May 2015, I posted this great picture of Holy Cross Confirmation Class, circa 1942/43.  Very few of the boys were identified so, sometime later, I was delighted to be contacted by Ray Simms with some wonderful information.  Ray is one of the boys on this photo and he was able to identify just about all the boys pictured. On 15th May 2017 I re-posted the photo again with the new information.  Then I added the  link for the Blog Post to our facebook page.  Now for the mystery!

Several months ago, Ray's son, Danny, contacted me saying that he was unable to find the new post with the names, although there was a link for it.  The photo and a link back to the Blog Post is definitely in the Holy Cross Album on our facebook but, strangely, the link leads back to a page that tells us it does not exist.  Mystery or what?
Holy Cross Confirmation Class 1942



This picture is a real treasure and to have most of the names is an added bonus so I am re-posting the photo with all the names supplied by Ray. 
Back Row: J Hickey, E Parsley, B Fanning, J Whelan, R McGrath, F Kavanagh, F Gough, R Simms
Row 3:  C Ennis, P Miller, R Kavanagh, D Baird, T Brewer, J McAllister, R Whelan, B Parrell, C Carew, Br Drayton
Row 2B English, J St George, J Greene, C Penney, B Whittle, A Fitzgerald, D Molloy, B Kielly, L Hickey, C McKay
Front RowJ O'Brien, ??, P Murphy, J Cleary, B Evans, J Barron, R Morrissey, J Baird, C Baird, J Walsh, P Roynayne

I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed that this post will 'stay put' both here and on our facebook page!

Once again, my thanks to Ray Simms and to his son Danny.  Keep well, Ray, and please keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment