Monday 18 November 2019

FROM JANE ANNING ADAMS

Jane Anning Adams posted this message on the St Patrick's Facebook page.  I am posting it here on St Patrick's Convent School Blog in the hope that some of Jane's former classmates will see it and get in touch with her.  Perhaps someone will remember Jane's mother, Joan Ryan, and aunt, Marilyn Ryan.  They too are St Patrick's girls and they lived on Patrick St.  Good luck Jane, I hope you get some good results.  
SCHOOL DAYS - RUBBER BAG DAYS!
Jane wrote:
"I just discovered this group and it brought back many memories. I attended St. Patrick's for only a short time - about January 1968 to June 1968. I was in Ms. Hennessy's grade 2 class (hopefully I got the name right). My mom and siblings were visiting from Saskatchewan for a few months and we stayed with my grandparents on Patrick Street. My mother Joan Ryan attended St. Patrick's when she was young (c.1942 - 1953) and my aunt Marilyn Ryan also attended the school (c. 1958 - 1969). My mom is now living in Cambridge, Ontario and unfortunately has Alzheimer's. She still mentions the teachers and her piano lessons at the school. If anyone remembers my mom (or me) I'd love to hear from you. I will pass along any messages to her."

2 comments:

  1. I lived on Patrick Street from 1960 -1964 and I went to St. Patrick's for Grades 6, 7 and 8. I knew your Aunt Marilyn. The family lived near the top of Patrick Street, near St, Clare's Hospital . My father had a drugstore on the corner of Patrick and Pleasant Streets, Stowe's Pharmacy. Your mother may remember that.
    Peggy Stowe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy Stowe. I am so pleased to hear from you. I remember you and your Dad and the Drugstore. Thanks for getting in touch. I will pass this on to Jane and I am sure she will be delighted. Thanks Peggy and all the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete